2008年7月14日月曜日

B-Day Party

On Saturday, I went to my hostmother's grand child's birthday party. It was awesome!!!!!!!! There were 24 people and they said that this was just half of their families. I'm shy girl; therefore, at first, I was soooooooo nervouse. However, all people were so kind and I couldn't stop talking. The house was sooooo huge and soooooo clean!!!! It was like a expensive hotel(>_<)
One 16 year old girl was very interested in me so we talked a lot. Fashion, music, movie, school and so on...It was pleasure moment!! Oh! In addtion, she was extreamly beautiful...
One thing that I was surprized is that my homestay mother and I was late to go party, like 10 minutes, but nobody was there!!!!! Japanese people usually go on time or 5 minutes earlier so I was surprised. One day when I went my friend's b-party, all Japanese come 10 minutes before. That was funny(*^_^*)
I found one big cultural difference. In Canada, the birthday-person hold a party and the person invite otheres. Japan is opposit. Usually, friends plan a party and the birthday- person is invited. It is very interesting...

1 件のコメント:

Don さんのコメント...

I'm glad you had such a good time at the party. Certainly, being on time or late is a thing that is different in lots of different cultures. I wonder what people in the class would say if you asked them, "If the invitation says the party starts at 8:00, what time should you arrive?"