2008年8月15日金曜日

Life in Canada

I met one very very old linkled-face plump Italian grandma. She lives in near my homestay house and sometimes, I see her on the way to go back to my house. We know each other's face and naturally, we have started to greet each other.She always sits outside when the weather is good, and watches pedestoriands or knites someting. Every day, I enjoy imagine something about her background.



Two weeks ago, we finally had a cnversation. She knited something very beautiful. We greeted each other as usual, and she asked me something. However, at that time, a TTC bus passed us with huge noise which sonded like an old tired elephant. I walked in a drive way and stand beside her. She asked me a lot of questions and I also asked many questions. She came to Canada 35 years ago. Although her English sonded much more like Italian, I could understand becasue my homestay mom also comes from Italy and mom has strong accent.



When I told her I was studing English, she said "Keep doing. Keep doing. Don't worry. Your English is already good. Keep doing. Things will be fine." in very slow tempo.



That was very good lesson. I always worried about something too much; however, her words which had a power made me feel easy. Sometimes, I have a difficulty to have a conversation with staranger(I hate the first day of the school), but I can have a nice chat after I get used to the person. Although I face a very difficult stuation, it is very important not to worried too much and keep doing which I should do.


I felt like I saw the plump old grandma's life in her very linkled-face. Her gentle smiling face was very impressive. I haven' t had chance to talk with her since then. I hope I can meet her again before I will go back to Japan.

1 件のコメント:

Don さんのコメント...

That is a good thing about Toronto, I have found. There are a lot of people you can talk to, and they aren't bothered if your English isn't perfect. So -- she was a good conversation partner!